LR

1.My Stranger Things Mise en scene work is my strongest piece of work because it is the most accurate however it has not got a high quantity or detail.

2.My weakest work is my camera angle work as there is not enough detail and it is a small quantity.In addition I do not explain why the camera shots are effective.

3.A skill that I need to work on is denotations and connotation as I need to put more detail.In addition for denotations I sometimes write connotations instead

4.I can Improve my detail by writing more and think about the connotations of the images.In addition I should explain why stuff are a connotation of a subject.





WWW: Your blog is up-to-date which is positive but we now have some significant work to do to add the depth and detail to bring it up to GCSE standard. There is definitely potential in your blog – your winter fruit bowl is stunning and demonstrates that you have the creative and design skills which will be important for the 30% coursework aspect in Year 2.

 

EBI: The main feedback is simple – you are not writing enough in your answers for a GCSE subject. Even your opening 10 question blogpost is incredibly short – just 52 words for all 10 questions. Some students spend 52 words writing just one of the answers to that task so this is definitely an area we need to work on. Similarly, your Stranger Things analysis is accurate in terms of mise-en-scene but contains no depth or detail which means it isn’t offering enough for GCSE standard. This is not meant as a major criticism – in fact it’s very understandable as you were in Year 8 only a few weeks ago! However, it is definitely something we need to work on. Read my examples on the Year 1 Media blogposts to see what you should be aiming for in terms of depth of analysis (e.g. my Night Manager camerawork analysis: https://mediamacguffingcseyear1.blogspot.com/2020/10/camerawork-and-editing-blog-tasks.html) Alongside this, you also need to keep an eye on your written English as accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar is important for all GCSE subjects..

Comments

Popular Posts